I am a Senior Applied Scientist from Amazon Search, working on LLM for shopping. Previously, I worked in search Query Understanding (QU) team. I obtained my Ph.D. degree from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST). My supervisor is Prof. Qiang Yang. Before joining HKUST, I obtained the B.Eng degree from School of Data and Computer Science, Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU). [Github][Google Scholar]
Research internship positions in Amazon Search (Base: Bay area) are available. Feel free to send your CV to me if you are interested.
My current research is Low-Resource Natural Language Processing (LR-NLP), including cross-lingual/multilingual, cross-domain, and multi-task scenarios, etc. Revolving around this goal, I mainly study the following topics:
- Natural Language Processing: LLM, knowledge graph, information extraction, question answering, sentiment analysis.
- Machine Learning: transfer Learning, meta-learning, semi/weakly-supervised learning, multi-task learning, graph embedding.
- Oct 2023, Two papers were accepted by EMNLP 2023.
- Sep 2023 - Two papers were accepted by NeurIPS 2023, one for our KDD Cup’23 benchmark dataset paper, and one for session-based recommendation.
- June 2023 - Our paper “SCOTT“ has been selected for ACL 2023 Outstanding Paper Award
- June 2023 - Invited to serve as Senoir Program Committee (SPC) for AAAI 2024.
- May 2023 - One paper was accepted by KDD 2023.
- Jan 2023 - Four papers were accepted by ACL 2023.
- We have launched the Amazon KDD Cup’23 Competition, featuring a multilingual recommendation challenge. Feel free to submit your solutions and potentially win thousands of dollars!
- Jan 2023 - One paper was accepted by WWW 2023.
- Jan 2023 - One paper was accepted by ICLR 2023.
- July 2022 - Invited to serve as Program Committee for KDD 2023.
- Sep 2022 - One paper was accepted by EMNLP-Finding 2022.
- Sep 2022 - One paper was accepted by NeurIPS 2022.
- Sep 2022 - [WWW 2022] We released the [code] for sequential query and product joint recommendation.
- Aug 2022 - [ACL 2022] We released the E-commerce Product KG [data] and [code] for multilingual KGC.
- Aug 2022 - [KDD 2022] We released the [code] for graph condensation.
- Aug 2022 - [NAACL 2022] We released the [academic] and the [e-commerce] multilingual keyphrase generation datasets, along with the [code].
- July 2022 - Invited to serve as Senoir Program Committee (SPC) for AAAI 2023.
- 2020-Present, Amazon Search (A9), Senior Applied Scientist, Bay Area, USA.
- Jun 2020-Sep 2020, Google Research, Research intern, NLX Group, Mountain View, CA, USA.
- Seq 2019-Dec 2019, Amazon Search (A9), Applied scientist intern, Search and NLP group, Palo, Alto, CA, USA. Research topic: Meta Learning, Cross-lingual transfer.
- Jun 2016-Aug 2016, HKUST Fok Ying Tung Research, Research intern, Mentor, Prof. Qiang Yang
- Jul 2015-Oct 2015, Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA), Research intern, Multimedia Search and Mining Group. Mentor: Dr. Tao Mei
Publications [Google Scholar]
(* denotes equal contributions, # denotes the corresponding author, + denotes interns/students i mentored)
Amazon-M2: A Multilingual Multi-locale Shopping Session Dataset for Recommendation and Text Generation [pdf][KDD Cup website]
Wei Jin+, Haitao Mao, Zheng Li, Haoming Jiang, Chen Luo, Hongzhi Wen, Haoyu Han, Hanqing Lu, Zhengyang Wang, Ruirui Li, Zhen Li, Monica Xiao Cheng, Rahul Goutam, Haiyang Zhang, Karthik Subbian, Suhang Wang, Yizhou Sun, Jiliang Tang, Bing Yin, Xianfeng Tang (NeurIPS 2023, our KDD Cup’23 benchmark paper)
Enhancing User Intent Capture in Session-Based Recommendation with Attribute Patterns [pdf][code]
Xin Liu+, Zheng Li#, Yifan Gao, Jingfeng Yang, Tianyu Cao, Zhengyang Wang, Bing Yin, Yangqiu Song (NeurIPS 2023)
Multimodal Prompt Learning for Product Title Generation with Extremely Limited Labels [pdf][code]
Fenglin Liu+, Bang Yang, Zheng Li#, Qingyu Yin, Chenyu You, Xuewei Ma, Bing Yin and Yuexian Zou (ACL 2023)
FolkScope: Intention Knowledge Graph Construction for E-commerce Commonsense Discovery [pdf][code]
Changlong Yu+, Weiqi Zhang, Xin Liu+, Jiaxin Bai+, Yangqiu Song, Zheng Li, Yifan Gao, Tianyu Cao, Bing Yin, (ACL 2023)
Graph Reasoning for Question Answering with Triplet Retrieval [pdf][code]
Shiyang Li+, Yifan Gao, Haoming Jiang, Qingyu Yin, Zheng Li, Xifeng Yan, Chao Zhang and Bing Yin (ACL 2023)
Knowledge-Selective Pretraining for Attribute Value Extraction [pdf][code]
Hui Liu, Qingyu Yin, Zhengyang Wang, Chenwei Zhang, Haoming Jiang, Yifan Gao, Zheng Li, Xian Li, Chao Zhang, Bing Yin, William Yang Wang, Xiaodan Zhu (EMNLP 2023)
Learning to Sample and Aggregate: Few-shot Reasoning over Temporal Knowledge Graph [pdf][code]
Ruijie Wang+, Zheng Li#, Dachun Sun, Shengzhong Liu, Jinning Li, Bing Yin, Tarek Abdelzaher (NeurIPS 2022)
Multilingual Knowledge Graph Completion with Self-Supervised Adaptive Graph Alignment [pdf][code][data][media]
Zijie Huang+, Zheng Li#, Haoming Jiang, Tianyu Cao, Hanqing Lu, Bing Yin, Karthik Subbian, Yizhou Sun, Wei Wang (ACL 2022, Long paper)
RETE: Retrieval-Enhanced Temporal Event Forecasting on Unified Query Product Evolutionary Graph [pdf][code]
Ruijie Wang+, Zheng Li#, Danqing Zhang, Qingyu Yin, Tong Zhao, Bing Yin and Tarek Abdelzaher (WWW 2022, Long paper, Research track)
Retrieval-Augmented Multilingual Keyphrase Generation with Retriever-Generator Iterative Training [pdf][code][academic data][e-commerce data]
Yifan Gao+, Qingyu Yin#, Zheng Li#, Rui Meng, Tong Zhao, Bing Yin, Irwin King, Michael Lyu (NAACL 2022, Long paper)
Query Attribute Recommendation at Amazon Search [pdf]
Chen Luo, William Headean, Neela Avudaiappan, Haoming Jiang, Tianyu Cao, Qingyu Yin, Yifan Gao, Zheng Li, Rahul Goutam, Haiyang Zhang, Bing Yin (RecSys 2022, Industry Track)
QUEACO: Borrowing Treasures from Weakly-labeled Behavior Data for Query Attribute Value Extraction [pdf]
Danqing Zhang*, Zheng Li*, Tianyu Cao, Chen Luo, Tony Wu, Hanqing Lu, Yiwei Song, Bing Yin, Tuo Zhao, Qiang Yang (CIKM 2021, Long paper, Applied science track.)
Learn to Cross-lingual Transfer with Meta Graph Learning Across Heterogeneous Languages [pdf]
Zheng Li, Mukul Kumar, William Headden, Bing Yin, Ying Wei, Yu Zhang, Qiang Yang (EMNLP 2020, Long paper, oral)
Transferable End-to-End Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis with Selective Adversarial Learning [pdf][slides][code]
Zheng Li, Xin Li, Ying Wei, Lidong Bing, Yu Zhang, Qiang Yang (EMNLP 2019, Long paper, oral)
Compressive Perceptual Hashing Tracking [pdf]
Zheng Li, Long Chen, Jian-Fei Yang, Neurocomputing 2017.
Robust Vehicle Tracking Using Perceptual Hashing Algorithm [pdf]
Zheng Li, Jian-Fei Yang, Long Chen, Juan Zha (ICMLA 2015, Oral).
Long-Term Revenue Maximization Pricing Scheme for Cloud
Wen-Kai Huan, Chang-Dong Wang, Shao-Shu Huan, Zheng Li, Jian-Huang Lai, Ling Huang, (IJSSE journal 2015)
- Coffee Tag Cloud [demo][sample1][sample2][sample3]
- Domain Attention Transfer [demo]
- Cross-Granularity Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis [demo]
- Ruijie Wang, UIUC Ph.D. student, topic: Temporal Event Forecasting. Achievement: NeurIPS 2022, WWW 2022, WWW 2023
- Zijie Huang, UCLA Ph.D. student, topic: Multilingual KG completion. Achievement: ACL 2022.
- Yifan Gao, CUHK Ph.D. student, topic: Multilingual Keyphrase Generation. Achievement: NAACL 2022 Finding. Now: Applied Scientist, Amazon
- Wei Jin, Michigan State University Ph.D. student, topic: Data Condensation. Achievement: KDD 2022, NeurIPS 2023, KDD Cup 2023
- Peifeng Wang, USC, Ph.D. student. Achievement: ACL 2023. ACL Outstanding Paper Award
- Chen Liang, Gatech Ph.D. student, topic: Knowledge Distillation. Achievement: ICLR 2023
- Changlong Yu, HKUST, Ph.D. student. Achievement: ACL 2023.
- Fenglin Liu, Oxford, Ph.D. student. Achievement: ACL 2023.
- Shiyang Li, UCSB, Ph.D. student. Achievement: ACL 2023.
- Yujia Xie, Gatech Ph.D. student, topic: Extreme Multi-label Classification. Now: Senior Researcher, Microsoft
- Xin Liu, HKUST, Ph.D. Now: Applied Scientist, Amazon. Achievement: NeurIPS 2023
- Jiaxin Bai, HKUST, Ph.D. student. Achievement: KDD 2023
- Jie Huang, UIUC, Ph.D. student
- Qi Zeng, UIUC, Ph.D. student
- Hui Liu, Queen’s University, Ph.D. student
- Enyan Dai, Penn State University, Ph.D. student
- Xutan Peng, University of Sheffield, Ph.D. student, topic: Multilingual KG pretraining
- Program Chair: KDD Cup 2023.
- Senior Program Committee/Area Chair (Meta-Reviewer): AAAI (2024), AAAI (2023), IJCAI (2021)
- Program Committee (Reviewer):
- ICLR, NeurIPS, ICML, KDD, ACL, NAACL, AAAI, IJCAI (2022)
- NeurIPS, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, AAAI, IJCAI (2021)
- ACL, EMNLP, ICLR, AAAI, IJCAI (2020)
- Conference Secondary Reviewer: AAAI, IJCAI (2019)
- Journal Reviewer: PAMI, TBD, Neurocomputing
- Jul 2023, ACL 2023 Outstanding Paper Award
- Nov 2018, Baidu PhD Fellowship Nomination Awards, about 20/5,000 applicants worldwide.
- 2017-2019, AAAI19, AAAI18, IJCAI17 student travel awards
- Jun 2016, Excellent Graduates Awards, Sun Yat-sen University
- May 2016, Excellent Undergraduate Thesis Awards, Sun Yat-sen University
- Sep 2015, “YongSheng Liu” Excellent Undergraduate Scholarship
- Sep 2015, First-class Merit Scholarship, Sun Yat-sen University
- Aug 2015, “HUAWEI” Cup China Intelligent Design Competition, Second Prize
- Sep 2014, Second-class Merit Scholarship, Sun Yat-sen University
- Sep 2013, Third-class Merit Scholarship, Sun Yat-sen University