I am a fourth-year Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST). My supervisor is Prof. Qiang Yang. Before joining HKUST, I obtained the B.Eng degree from School of Data and Computer Science, Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU) [Resume].
Feel free to contact me via email.
My current research focuses on developing deep transfer learning methods to enhance Low-Resource Natural Language Processing (LR-NLP) performances. Revolving around this goal, I mainly study the following topics:
- Machine Learning: transfer Learning, especially domain adaptation, multi-task learning, meta-learning, graph embedding.
- Natural Language Processing: sentiment analysis, opinion mining, information extraction, question answering.
- Dec 2019 - Invited to serve as Program Committee for ACL 2020, IJCAI 2020.
- Sep 2019 - I have joined in Amazon Search (A9), Search and NLP group, Palo, Alto, USA as an Applied Scientist Intern.
- Sep 2019 - Invited to serve as Program Committee for ICLR 2020.
- Aug 2019 - One long paper was accepted by EMNLP 2019.
- July 2019 - Invited to serve as Program Committee for AAAI 2020.
- 2016-present, Ph.D. student, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Computer Science and Engineering Department. Supervisor: Prof. Qiang Yang
- 2012-2016, B.Eng., Sun Yat-sen University, School of Data and Computer Science.
- Jul 2015-Oct 2015, Research intern, Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA), Multimedia Search and Mining Group. Mentor: Dr. Tao Mei
- Jun 2016-Aug 2016, Research intern, HKUST Fok Ying Tung Research.
- Seq 2019-Dec 2019, Applied scientist intern, Amazon Search (A9) Search and NLP group, Palo, Alto, CA, USA. Research topic: Multi-lingual & cross-lingual transfer for search query understanding.
- Feb 2020-May 2020, Research intern, Google Research, NLX Group, Mountain View, USA.
Publications [Google Scholar]
- Transferable End-to-End Aspect-based Sentiment Analysis with Selective Adversarial Learning [pdf][slides][code]
Zheng Li, Xin Li, Ying Wei, Lidong Bing, Yu Zhang, Qiang Yang (EMNLP 2019, Long paper, oral)
Compressive Perceptual Hashing Tracking [pdf]
Zheng Li, Long Chen, Jian-Fei Yang, Neurocomputing 2017.
Robust Vehicle Tracking Using Perceptual Hashing Algorithm [pdf]
Zheng Li, Jian-Fei Yang, Long Chen, Juan Zha (ICMLA 2015, Oral).
Long-Term Revenue Maximization Pricing Scheme for Cloud [pdf]
Wen-Kai Huan, Chang-Dong Wang, Shao-Shu Huan, Zheng Li, Jian-Huang Lai, Ling Huang, (IJSSE journal 2015)
- Program Committee: AAAI 2020, ICLR 2020, IJCAI 2020, ACL 2020
- Conference Secondary Reviewer: AAAI 2019, IJCAI 2019
- Journal Reviewer: TBD 2019, AIR 2020
- Nov 2018, Baidu PhD Fellowship Nomination Awards, about 20/5,000 applicants worldwide.
- 2017-2019, AAAI19, AAAI18, IJCAI17 student travel awards
- Jun 2016, Excellent Graduates Awards, Sun Yat-sen University
- May 2016, Excellent Undergraduate Thesis Awards, Sun Yat-sen University
- Sep 2015, “YongSheng Liu” Excellent Undergraduate Scholarship
- Sep 2015, First-class Merit Scholarship, Sun Yat-sen University
- Aug 2015, “HUAWEI” Cup China Intelligent Design Competition, Second Prize
- Sep 2014, Second-class Merit Scholarship, Sun Yat-sen University
- Sep 2013, Third-class Merit Scholarship, Sun Yat-sen University